Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Parmesan Pan Rolls



I am committed to making my own bread and rolls.  Not only does it save money, but I know exactly what ingredients are in my bread!  Here are just two links with information about the ingredients in store bought bread.



Making bread from scratch is extremely easy, if you use either a food processor, or a bread machine.  This is a recipe that I have developed for the bread machine.  

Add the ingredients according to the manufacturer's specifications.  I set my machine to the "manual" mode, which takes about 40 minutes.


After the kneading is finished, I remove the dough, and divide it into rolls. Today, I wanted both small and large rolls, so I did not divide them evenly.


I use a 12 inch cast iron skillet, that has been seasoned with olive or grape seed oil.


The rolls were then placed in a warm, draft-free spot, (in my kitchen that is the microwave), and I let them proof until doubled, about 30 minutes.  The oven was heated to 375 degrees, where they were baked for 25 minutes.





Parmesan Pan Rolls
Recipe Author: Carolina Food and Fitness

1 Tablespoon Bread Machine Yeast 
4 Cups Bread Flour
1 Tablespoons Honey
2 Teaspoons Salt
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
¼ Cup Warm Water
1 Cup Warm Milk
2 Tablespoons Olive or Grape Seed Oil
1 Egg

Bake at 375 degrees in a 12 inch cast iron skillet for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment